Finally!

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
I put in a order for a new coop about 4 weeks ago, and as we ALL know construction takes longer then originally expected. I am getting an 8x6 log cabin playhouse with a 2 ft covered front porch so 8x8 total and will be moving my girls out of their ghettofaboulas complex (speaking more for my dog crate/coop lol!) and into a brand new state of the art chicken mansion!! I finally got word that my coop may be finished this coming week (though with the rain could go a little longer) but I am hoping to have my girls in and decorated in time for Christmas.

I will be housing 6 hens in this 6x8 coop and it is 7ft tall so I can walk in and out! No more bending over to clean the coops or let the girls out! I am so excited
smile.png
I have been up all night like a kid on christmas or any holiday for that matter lol!!

I need to add roosts and nestboxes, and it comes with 4 open windows with shutters that close so I am going to put some hardware cloth over the inside of the window and at night I am going to latch a chain around the shutters to keep them closed, I don't think they come with latches because it's built as a kids playhouse rather then coop, me and the builder have been referring to it as the "Chickens Playhouse" haha. It should be good though, I am pretty excited.

Here are some pictures!

NewCoop4.jpg

NewCoop3.jpg

NewCoop2.jpg

NewCoop.jpg

NewCoop5.jpg

My Barred Rock and EE and currently sharing a coop that is actually the biggest size dog crate with plywood attached by zipties to the sides, and a tarp tightened over the top with a few blankets for warmth. I keep telling them they have a nice new home coming!
big_smile.png

Thanks! I am sooo grateful to be able to get this, I have been saving a LOT lol! I am VERY excited, can hardly sleep! I know my chickens will loove it, and I am going to get latches for the shutters and stuff. It will be nice to walk in! And I have decorations all ready for christmas hopefully it will be here before then
big_smile.png

Kalie! So glad to hear it's finally coming. About the time thing- yeah, my builder said it'd take him 5 days and it took him 5 months! Anyways it's real pretty and I know they'll enjoy it!
clap.gif

Last edited:
I can really identify with you (though my coop isn't nearly as swanky as yours will be). My 7 girls were crowded into a way too small coop and run until we got them a 6x8 building and turned it into a coop. You'll have a great time putting in roosts and nest boxes and whatever your girls will like. Mine love their new house.

Edited to add link: http://picasaweb.google.com/sharol46/CoopProgress# is the coop from metal building progress.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom