FINALY!!! Got my new chicks!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by billyb, Mar 23, 2012.

1. billyb

billyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    Cleveland, OH
    Today we went out and got our 3 chicks because our other order was canceled, so we get our chicks and there is a message on the phone sayong you ca come pick up your order that was backed up... So now we have 5 chicks! thats okay, more the better. So we got 2 Rhode Island Red, 1 Americana, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes! That brings our flock up to 10 birds, including last years flock of 5. It doubled! What kind of new chick did you get??? [​IMG]

2. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Oh congrats ;) and welcome to BYC ^^

Oh.. I'm so jealous I wish we could get more chicks right now but our coop is just too full and we're hoping we get a few broodies.
    But have fun with your new chicks ;)

3. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Congratulations on the new chicks. I have to wait exactly 2 more weeks for this years 20 new chicks.

4. fairsing farm

fairsing farm Out Of The Brooder

Congrats on the new batch! I just picked up 30 chicks on Tuesday! Its been about 4 years since we got a young bunch. Back then we ordered 12 chicks and received an extra chick thrown in for free. Good thing the hubby built a large run on the side of the small barn :). I am trying to imagine what a flock of 30 chickens is going to look like vs the tiny little peepers that are in my barn right now.

Here is a 36 sec clip of them. Have no idea what breeds they are, 3 breeds of brown egg layers, "variety pack" from the hatchery.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. babffel

babffel Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2012
    Texas
    [​IMG]I got 8 new bantams two wed ago. 4 silkies, 1 frizzle, three idk........then two days ago my mom bought me two old english bantam chicks that are so little.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by