*Fingers crossed* for another broody! Attn: Sourland! Please help!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Oh wise and generous Sourland, please help me out.

My silkie Jethro is currently setting on 6 very special eggs. This is Jethro's third trip to Broodyville. The other half of the dozen eggs are in the bator, but I'm one of those weird people that doesn't do well with 'batoring.
hide.gif

Meanwhile my only other silkie, Ellie Mae, has not shown one iota of broodiness, despite being the same age as Jethro; 14 months old.

Miss Ellie has been on the nest since early this morning. I just found a golfball that someone had kicked out of a nestbox and attempted to give it to Ellie. At first she growled and tried to bite me, but then she accepted the "egg" and tucked it under her.

Please PLEASE send me some broody mojo. If Ellie has finally gone to Broodyville she will get the eggs out of the bator.

I will remain forever in your debt.
bow.gif

PLEASE NOTE: I am only asking for broody mojo, NOT any of Ranchy's wooster mojo.

Quote:
Not just no but......

Impy just charges ahead, ignoring the response.

So many animals to choose from...
which to lay?,
which to go broody?,
which to raise the youngins?,
which to have more?,

Choices are:
Cats
Dogs
rabbits
snakes
even people
hmmm, but cows are stiking my fancy right now
cool.png

Now what to cross breed
1.gif

Quote:
Not just no but......

Impy just charges ahead, ignoring the response.

So many animals to choose from...
which to lay?,
which to go broody?,
which to raise the youngins?,
which to have more?,

Choices are:
Cats
Dogs
rabbits
snakes
even people
hmmm, but cows are stiking my fancy right now
cool.png

Now what to cross breed
http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/1.gif

hide.gif

I actually saw one of the cows (that wasn't supposed to be pregnant) give birth out behind the big coop day before yesterday. It was pretty awesome. I even took a square of hay, usually reserved for lining nestboxes, out to the proud mama to help her restore her energy.

Yeah I know. I fight to keep the cows away from my coops and then I go and feed one.
roll.png

yippiechickie.gif
sing a little song
yippiechickie.gif
'n' do a little dance
D.gif
walla
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
Ellie Mae has become 'Ellie Will'. I take absolutely no responsibility for 'Impish' impulses.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom