Fingers crossed for this little one....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickhamm, Mar 24, 2008.

1. chickhamm

chickhamm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    well, i was cleaning out my hatcher this morning, getting it ready to put some more eggs in there today. It was day 24, i had no hope for any of the eggs left. I was opening the leftovers to see what may have been wrong. One was ass end up, one looked fine but never piped and died in shell. The rest ......... never developed.......untill i got to my last egg from my swap partner.... I opened the air cell end and peeked in and heard a faint cheep....OHHHH. It had piped the air sack but not the shell, i took most of the shell off the top and wetted down the membrain around it really good, it looked dry and white. The blood vessels looked prety pronounced still so i wraped it up in a warm wet papertowel and put it back into the bator. Finished cleaning out the hatcher and will move it back over once temps and humidity get back up there.

chickhamm
    Theressa
    GA

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Wow! I hope that little one make it and it's a pullet for you. You could name it Miracle.

3. chickhamm

Nov 20, 2007
    that would be a great name for her. I moved her over to the hatcher then took the other eggs and candled them. Tossed 5 clears so that is prety good of shiped eggs. She already sounds alot stronger and the blood vessels are alot less pronounced. Humidity is really high in there right now from cleaning it, but i think for her its a good thing.

chickhamm
    Theressa
    GA

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Wow, I hope she makes it! Let us know what happens!

~Chelsea~

5. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    any updates on how the little baby is doing?

6. chickhamm

Nov 20, 2007
    She has wiggled out of her shell but it doesnt look to good at the moment. She seems really weak and tired. I've been giving her a bit of sugar water on the tip of my finger to see if that helps some.

chickhamm
    Theressa
    GA

7. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    I know Missprissy recommends apple cider vinager water after the first day. You may want to PM her on the specifics. I know it has something to do with the sugar not being good for them for more than one day.

I hope she pulls through!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by