Finish this sentence:My chickens would give their right wing for...

Definitely freeze-dried mealworms...they know it is their bedtime snack and they go nuts when it is "free-range" time in the evening and they swarm me for worms...sometimes they forget which are the worms and which are my fingers! They get a veggie treat midday when I feed the dogs, but worms make them crazy.

deb g
KY

To be free ranging all day chasing the grasshoppers. I think that is the only food item they really go nuts over. Of course they discovered horse poop today so that has kept them very busy. So many piles, so little time!
lau.gif

Mine go crazy for anything other than pellets...lol. They do love some cooked rice though, but it seems they go mad for just about any type of treats, including greens, fruits, seeds, weeds and grass clippings. Oh, and corn is also at the top of their list..
lol.png

i have bought fresh mealworms for my chickens . yes they are expensive but for a 1 time treat for 70 chicks it was worth it .the worms are about 3.00 a bag for 30 worms.i bought 5 .they were gone in seconds .pls , grab a camerera this is good pics. for the kids,grndprnts,whatever!once you get them used to treats,they will come running at you.becareful of your small children, they will freakout because you,their provider has come into their pen and they're strangers!!!
hmm.png
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom