Finished duck coop 'Ducqarium'

I think I'm finding out that my ducks have personalities of their own and I need to learn what they are. I've been treating them like chickens and reading every ones post I can't do that.

I don't know because I never had chickens. But I guess that every animal has their own personality.
We didn't teach them to walk on the ramp persé. We made it and just looked what happened. Having thoughts they maybe could not use a ramp, but did not have information on how capable ducks are to walk ramps. We had a picture from Africa where ducks used a ramp, and we had people in here that said their ducks can't use ramps. No clear answer. What to do; just try and let the ducks decide. And théy acted like 'offcourse we can climb a ramp' and did. The best way to learn what your duck/chicken can do or not do, wants or does not want; is letting thém decide. If they hated the ramp, they would not use it. And we probably sawed the legs of this coop so it was ground level. And see if they use it then. And when they don't use it then it's probably a stupid coop for some other reason and we use it to fuel a bonfire. Ducks (and chicken I guess) often know better what they want/can then we do. We need to look out for them also. We have to stop using the ramp when it turns out that it is bad for their legs/hips etc. But in the meantime this can be solved to give them both options and let them decide. They know better what coop they like. They have 3 other coop-settings (4 now due to winter) without a ramp that they can use. They choose this one. So I guess, this coop is a coop they like? Even with ramp?

Back
Top Bottom