Finished Pallet Coop - Finally

thegospelisgood

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 12, 2013
Lots of good ideas from the forum went into this coop. The construction is basically 5 x 5, and made from all pallet wood. With the exception of the roof and roofing materials. The windows are also removable plexi that just slide into frames over chicken wire openings for storms and other weather. The door system is a guillotine/pop-door combination.

The ladies love it. Not sure when I'll get to the run...but that is next on the agenda.

Oh yes. It also has a removable poop tray spanning the entire bottom of the page. You can see the handle for this on the rear of the coop under the nest box.

very handsome coop. do they free range? what kind are they?

They free range when they come down...they are still learning to come OUT of the coop. They've been confined in a dog crate for quite some time...but they have been enjoying the yard. They will have "controlled" ranging when the gardens go back in this summer.

There are 3 black sex links, 1 gold lace, 1 silver lace, and 1 ameracauna... I think.

I will be sure to show this to my DH. I am getting 8 new golden sex links on Friday and need a coop to put them in.. We have a huge stack of pallets that we burn when camping.. Now he will have another use for them. Thanks for sharing.

I will be sure to show this to my DH. I am getting 8 new golden sex links on Friday and need a coop to put them in.. We have a huge stack of pallets that we burn when camping.. Now he will have another use for them. Thanks for sharing.

Definitely was time consuming. Especially ripping down pallets. Just take a sawzall and a demo blade too 'em...Goes much faster.

As for plans...well.. I built as I went...and you could tell she ain't square..

Nothing a little paint won't fix ;)

Back
Top Bottom