Finished pics of our old coop!

I love it!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for all the sweet replies! Here are pics from the inside, right before we added the chicks.

We only use the right side of the coop for the chicks because it is more than enough space. The left side is for storage/supplies.

Here is what you see when you first walk in (the chick area is to the right)
IMG_2675.jpg

This is the view from the left side looking at the chick area. Those are the original nesting boxes (from 60 plus years ago). My 11 year old daughter had the genius idea to put them there so we don't have to go into the chicken area to gather eggs.
IMG_2676.jpg

This picture is taken in the actual chick area, looking at the nesting boxes and the door. We totally enclosed this side so the chicks can't get out, but it is not predator proof (the entire coop is). The windows are open in the pic and only go about 18 inches and then there's hardwire mesh over the opening for protection .
IMG_2677.jpg

The roosts.
IMG_2679.jpg

The old feeding boxes we will use for oyster shells (there were shells still in there from 1947-can we saw ewwww).
IMG_2678.jpg

Now we have pictures on the wall thanks to our 5 kiddos, but that is the only new/different thing.

Julie

WOW!!! I'm jealous. I could try to build that & not even come close. I love weathered buildings. Those windows are an A+++

Back
Top Bottom