Finished the A-frame!

SunnyDayz

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Sunny FL
Here is our newest coop...
8x12 A-frame~half under roof. The inside (coop area) is open, 7.5x4 ft with room to hide and cool off underneath. I have to make some adjustments to their roosts (right now they have 2 roosts consisting of a flat sheet plywood base and they keep tipping over) and I have to put a 'lip' on the ledge of the inside to keep the pine shavings in. Nest boxes are coming soon as well. Any ideas on where to put them would be appreciated (without anymore cutting!)
lol.png

The triangular door opens fully (the triangle at the top is part of the door) so a tall person (example, hubby lol) can walk in without scrunching down. The back has a window at the top (under the prough) with hardware cloth over it. The cinder blocks are temporary until I do some landscaping (the wire is burried about 12 inches down to keep out coons).

The structure to the right of the new coop is their smaller coop, which we'll keep as a teen pen or in case anyone needs separate quarters
wink.png

We have 2 leghorns (roo and pullet) and 2 unknown breed pullets (perhaps mixed). We are going to get 2-3 more chicks sometime in the near future.
53714_263.jpg

53714_286.jpg

53714_275.jpg

Back
Top Bottom