Finishing your list

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by terrilhb, Mar 3, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I have gotten to where I need to make a list everyday of things to be done. But I never seem to finish it all. [​IMG] Does anyone else do this? But I figure if my animals are all taken care of I am good. LOL [​IMG]

2. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    A finished list? I didn't know there was such a thing! I've always said I'll be done when I'm dead [​IMG]

Seriously though, I don't know about you, but my daily list of to-do's would take an army to complete, and I am an army of one. I don't stress over the things are are not yet done (used to though). There are things much more important than chores. I go through my day working on my chores, but if one of life's greatest moments arise, i stop. When my children come running up to me calling my name, I have no idea what they are going to say, so I stop, and listen. i don't want to miss a spontaneous "I love you" or a profound moment of childhood wisdom. If my aging Dad calls me on the phone, i stop, and make myself available to talk. My chores are as sure as death and taxes, my Dad living another day is not, or me, for that matter.

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I so agree with you. My list would too. Life is to short to not enjoy it. I just wondered if I was the only one. [​IMG] I hope your Dad is doing well. Sending [​IMG]

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I would make a list, but then I have to remember the list. [​IMG] I never seem to get it all done, and most of the time I live alone.[​IMG]

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:Absolutely true. If I could find it after I made it, that would be fine...

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: