Fire Ants

NagemTX

Dragon Chicken
Apr 14, 2022
Angleton TX
My Coop
My Coop
Due to weather, read Hot and Dry. I am having terrible issues with Fire Ants. They aren't mounding right now because of the weather and are just under the grass. Any hint of water or something that might be food is swarmed very quickly even tho they are not bothering me much when I sit on the ground.

Worried about week old chicks who have been exercising and making it out of the hard plastic pool I'm using for the first two weeks to brood. So glad I didn't let them just use the coop right off the bat with how the Fire Ant problem is right now.

Just a rant about Fire Ants. Currently using dawn and boiling water to treat but they are just every where under the grass and attracted to anything cool and wet. :mad:

If/when you figure it out-LET ME KNOW.
Also, I love to take a lawn chair, sit at the tank and fish. They're ants try to eat me alive. Nothing on the ground or its ant covered. Too close to tank for poisons (runoff)
What can I use? What can I put on feet/ankles to deter them from lunch (me)

I treat with Amdro during normal weather just at the mounds and cover them. But this year its just bad. They are coming in the house as well. Normal weather and I don't have as much trouble with them and Amdro kills them just fine. ( have to cover the mounds I have treated with bait due to pets and animals I have.)

Back
Top Bottom