First baby hatched!

I just checked and I think I actually have females!!! Everyone had the longer, 2 rowed feathers. Thank you, you have given me hope šŸ„³
I'm glad I was able to give you hope. I usually hatch out around a couple hundred chicks every spring knowing around half will be males. I do grow them all out and keep the best and sell the rest. I don't sell many females but do sell most of the males except for the few I want to keep as breeders as I breed for the Standard of Perfection. I have been showing my birds for years at poultry shows but haven't this past year because of covid but still breed to the SOP. I recently took some females and sold them as they weren't what I wanted in my breeders but I know they went to good homes. They were nice birds but just not what I wanted in a breeder but still nice birds. Good luck and have fun...

I'm glad I was able to give you hope. I usually hatch out around a couple hundred chicks every spring knowing around half will be males. I do grow them all out and keep the best and sell the rest. I don't sell many females but do sell most of the males except for the few I want to keep as breeders as I breed for the Standard of Perfection. I have been showing my birds for years at poultry shows but haven't this past year because of covid but still breed to the SOP. I recently took some females and sold them as they weren't what I wanted in my breeders but I know they went to good homes. They were nice birds but just not what I wanted in a breeder but still nice birds. Good luck and have fun...
Wow, thatā€™s so strange that people want cockerels? Iā€™m assuming for the meat?
thank you again for all your help - I definitely need to research my sex linking. Next time Iā€™ll go for true breeds and not hatchery style. You also must have a lot more space than I do!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom