First Broody hen of 2008!! *Pics*

Critter Crazy

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Woohoo!!! I have my first broody hen this year!! As a matter of fact, she is also a first time broody, so we will have to see how she does. She is currently sitting on 5-6 eggs, I tried to get a better count, but she was quite nasty about me disturbing her! LOL!!! she is the first broody I have had that has been Very protective, all my others have been very sweet! anyway here is the pic of Naomi, on her nest.

100_9719.jpg

100_9723.jpg

100_9722.jpg

Last edited:
That is wonderfull Maggie. We can't wait till one o' our girls goes. Infact, i'm tryin to induce it.

oh yeah, It don't look like Naomi shares yer sense o' humor in this
lol.png

Last edited:
are these three different pics??? I was gonna say, in all three of them she hasn't moved an millimeter!!!! She's eyeballing that crazy contraption with the flashy thing that's disturbing her motherhood lol!!!! (she doesn't know you're taking her pic to brag about her) Awesome!!! I hope I end up with a broody, I've got 9 buff orps, gonna be getting 4 white cochins, and I've been told both of those breeds are good broodies....I hope so!!!! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Quote:
yup three different pics,a nd she didnt move at all, well till she tried to take my finger off!! LOL!! didnt catch that on the camera tho! LOL!

So glad I stumbled upon this post!

I have a hen who sits in the nest all day -- and I've been worried sick about her.
Her belly is completely feather-less.

What do you do with her?
I have no interest in hatching eggs.
Should I be concerned?
She doesn't seem to eat or drink enough.
She just sits there.

Thanks!

She is very pretty! I have a 14 mo. old Buff Orpington named Naomi and an 8 mo. old named Ruth! Unfortunately my Rooster is a tiny Serama Bantam, so if my Naomi goes broody, she will have to hatch silkie Serama eggs! LOL! Best wishes for a GREAT hatch!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom