First broody!!

Jeevesrules

Songster
8 Years
May 5, 2011
Otley, Leeds, England
At last she's done it!! After weeks of persuasion my welsummer has finally gone broody!! Getting eggs tomorrow so possible hatching date 7th June if she sticks to it!!
big_smile.png

i got my first broody two days ago!!! im so escited! she is a buff orpington and is being so sweet. she is very devoted to those little eggs. she is only setting on 4 eggs, but thats better than nothing. im excited either way
smile.png

I am new to this, I would like to get one of my hens to set on Guinea eggs, how do you go about that? I don't think the eggs my hens are laying are fertile...new rooster and he seems to only be interested in "his" hens, the ones that came with him. I have a hen that looks broody, but how do I get the eggs to her?

Quote:
I would wait a while until you see him mate one of your other hens, but after a week or two your eggs should be fertile. I don't know about the guinea eggs being fertile, but she will sit on them and can hatch them out successfully. I would move your hen to a different location and while your waiting for a fertile egg you can be making sure she's broody. Once she's been at it for a while, I'd go ahead and give her the eggs by just placing them under her at night. Good luck!
big_smile.png
Oh, and
bun.gif
welcome-byc.gif
bun.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom