First chick is out!

ashleejennifer

Hatching
Nov 3, 2020
First off, what a fun and incredible experience! I am so happy we choose to hatch in the incubator, the kids are loving it, and me too! Our first little guy came out and is chirpin all about. Its adorable. My question is...it seems like its so tight in there, not much space! I am supposed to just leave him in there right? No one else is breaking free or even piping yet.

First off, what a fun and incredible experience! I am so happy we choose to hatch in the incubator, the kids are loving it, and me too! Our first little guy came out and is chirpin all about. Its adorable. My question is...it seems like its so tight in there, not much space! I am supposed to just leave him in there right? No one else is breaking free or even piping yet.
:wee
Yay!!!! Congratulations! Isn't it incredible? I love it. You will soon be addicted. It happens to everyone! I am a hatchaholic.
It's an amazing experience for everyone, esp. children. Not many people realize how incubation actually works. It's great to have your kids grow up seeing that kind of thing. And they're so so cute.
What breed are they? Are they from your own birds? How long has he been hatched, and what day of incubation are they all on? Can you post a pic of it in there? I'm sure he's ok, but he might be ready to come out.
One last question...is your brooder all set up and heating up so he can go right in?
Sorry, lol.

Okay, so they are a barnyard mix from a friend, she caught her missing hen sitting on them and only had an approx date...so honestly I am not positive of either of those things. Brooder is ready to go! Ill attach a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_9739.jpg
    IMG_9739.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 8
:wee
Yay!!!! Congratulations! Isn't it incredible? I love it. You will soon be addicted. It happens to everyone! I am a hatchaholic.
It's an amazing experience for everyone, esp. children. Not many people realize how incubation actually works. It's great to have your kids grow up seeing that kind of thing. And they're so so cute.
What breed are they? Are they from your own birds? How long has he been hatched, and what day of incubation are they all on? Can you post a pic of it in there? I'm sure he's ok, but he might be ready to come out.
One last question...is your brooder all set up and heating up so he can go right in?
Sorry, lol.

I replied below, sorry still learning how to use this forum lol

Okay, so they are a barnyard mix from a friend, she caught her missing hen sitting on them and only had an approx date...so honestly I am not positive of either of those things. Brooder is ready to go! Ill attach a pic.
Perfect!!! :clap
Looks like either a little buff polish chick or a polish mix. Congrats!!! He's adorable. Excellent job! As soon as he's a bit fluffier, in a couple hours, he can go to the brooder. He won't eat or drink until tomorrow or the next day. He will sleep a lot today and tomorrow. Don't worry, he's ok, it's totally normal. You can hold him some, he'll be lonely until his hatchmates hatch. I would only hold him for a max of 20 minutes though before letting him warm back up in the brooder, just so he doesn't chill. And, be extremely careful if you let your kids hold him, newborn babies are very fragile. Hopefully the rest hatch soon!

Back
Top Bottom