FIRST CHICK OF THE NEW YEAR THREAD

fully hatched and out............

here is ours.....technically out at 12:00:45 however the incubator room is climate controlled so had to grab said chick and come to the laptop for the picture

lol forgot to change to FL, we are the same time zone though

fully hatched and out............ here is ours.....technically out at 12:00:45 however the incubator room is climate controlled so had to grab said chick and come to the laptop for the picture lol forgot to change to FL, we are the same time zone though
what type of chick is it i cant use that computer clock my tablet is my camera

Do I have this right, that they have to be in the shell (at least partly) at 11:59, and come out of the shell after midnight?

thats why I had to walk the chick to my laptop and use my cell phone and then email it to myself........ who knows on the chick maybe a blue marans maybe an olive egger. will look at its drawer closer tomorrow

Here is my official first NYD hatch - it was born at 1:05, but my husband's cell phone kept shutting off so I wasn't able to get the pic until 1:07 officially. It's the wet one in the pic! Lil Tumbleweed is watching over the newcomer. Not a contender to win, but thought I'd post anyhow. Is this the first Canadian hatch of the New Year?

Edited at 2:40am to say that I now have 2 Maran eggs externally pipped in addition to the one from the other local lady.

- 2/2 Ameraucana x hatched (both mine)
- 1/2 Ameraucana x pipped (from a friend)
- 2/9 Marans pipped (bought)
- 1/1 RIR that I think is a quitter

Sure hoping I get 13/14 that went into lockdown! Crossing fingers
fl.gif

Last edited:
Wow - I came here expecting to see a whole bunch more NYD babies posted. No one else got any yet? I have 3 chicks hatched now and 5 Marans pipped and raring to go! I'm thrilled! I must've done something right!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom