FIRST CHICK OF THE NEW YEAR THREAD

Wow - I came here expecting to see a whole bunch more NYD babies posted. No one else got any yet? I have 3 chicks hatched now and 5 Marans pipped and raring to go! I'm thrilled! I must've done something right!
mine were being mean, the last one i had hope for zipped at 11:30, finishing at 11:55.
hit.gif
no more chicks or pips since then

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I have 9 eggs in the incubator with the hatch date landing on New Year's Day. Eight eggs were mail orders and 1 was from my own blue laced red wyandotte. New Year's Day went by and not even a single pip... then I woke up this morning to a lone chick that hatched during the night....and it was the one from my hen. I had started out with 26 shipped eggs and the 1 from my hen but by lockdown I was down to 9 total. I'm hoping when I get home from work today I'll have more little babies but I'm having the worse luck with shipped eggs. Fingers Crossed!

So where is the contest page for worst hatch rate lol

I started with 8 quail and 2 chicken eggs...2 chick eggs never developed...1 started but passed just before lockdown...I have a total of 1 quail egg even develop so far no indication of hatching from the one quail egg. I did get 1 chick yesterday :(

This chick is from our Red Star hen and Easter Egger roo. I had one baby hatch in my last batch from our roo and the Cinnamon Queen hen...they look TOTALLY different. The other one is dark haha what I love about mixed breeds! never really know what they will look like

Has the 'First Chick of 2013' winner been determined yet? Seeing as this was the whole goal for the NYD hatch-along I'm a little surprised that I've not seen nor heard who won
sad.png
I'm sure everyone is busy and overworked, but I think we are all dying to know who won for all our efforts!

Back
Top Bottom