first chick!

bee_wrangler

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
My first chick (ever) just hatched out, it is so cool!! I am so excited I had to share lol. It is Buff Brahma x EE
big_smile.png
Anyone want to give advice on what I should do over the next day or two feel free! I have been reading up on what to do but its always nice to get a refresher lol
big_smile.png

Congratulations!
wee.gif

Keep them warm, fed(chick start), clean water and use paper towels for bedding for several days.
Enjoy your new addition!

Thanks easttxchick! There are two more following now and alot of peeping going on lol. I put some water if for them but so far she (or he) is still trying to learn how to use her or his feet haha

Well, depends on how large your waterer is-I just use about 1/2 teaspoon for a quart(should be warm water too, sorry forgot to tell you that). Also, add some rocks/pebbles to the actual drinking lip of their waterer so they don't drown!

Hello Bee Wrangler!

Don't forget that during the lockdown phase--the last three days of hatching--you should not open that incubator because the high humidity is very important. The chicks can stay in there dry up and they will get nice and fluffy. They can sty in there for two full days if necessary, without you giving them any food or water because they have a freshly absorbed yolk sac......

Good luck! Happy Chickening!

Quote:
Uh, oh yeah, forgot that part chicmom. What an idiot I am!
What she said.
Just listen to what I said for AFTER they come out of the incubator.

How exciting for you! Isn't it fun? I like watching them try to figure out how to walk forward. Keep them warm and keep checking the temp. We add a smidge of molasses to the first drinking water because we had one that was constipated/had pasty butt. Checked BYC for advice and someone suggested it, and it worked.
Do you know if EE crosses will lay blue eggs? Post your baby pics and give us updates!

YardFArmer Julie

Quote:
Uh, oh yeah, forgot that part chicmom. What an idiot I am!
What she said.
Just listen to what I said for AFTER they come out of the incubator.

Sorry. Did not mean to offend. Since it can take a day or two for chicks to hatch out, I misunderstood, when you said "next day or two". Good luck with the chicks!

Back
Top Bottom