First coop almost complete

Really pretty but that's only 2.4 sq feet per bird, not much space for 5 birds. You may find you want it bigger. Newbie here so just a comment from reading other's posts on space. Hope my coop looks half as good.

I think I'm probably just going to stick with 3 hens. That gives me 4 sf per bird in the coop and 10.67 sf per bird in the run.

Very nice, what's the rent per month and when can I move in? lol. Should be fine for 3 birds. My coop is very slightly smaller and houses four but they only sleep in the coop and have an attached run.

Maybe I read wrong, looked like you were getting 5.
Yeah, my pictures broke up the post, making it hard to follow. We got

1 Black Copper Marans ("Penny") (smallest, guessing 4 weeks).
1 Wheaten Marans ("Lucille")
1 Black Ameraucana ("Henrietta") (biggest, I'm guessing 6 weeks).

They're getting adjusted to their new home but still not quite with the program. Have had to set them on their roosts each evening this week and shoo them out of the coop in the mornings (except for yesterday). Penny, the smallest, was able to fly up to the coop on her own the other evening but the two others either aren't strong enough or haven't figured it out quite yet.

Also I probably spaced the steps on the ramp too far apart for their current size; they seem to struggle getting up the ramp all the way, although all three of them got about 2/3 of the way up yesterday on their own. I'm hoping that by next week they'll have figured out the program and won't need my help getting to bed or back out into the run.

Also I probably spaced the steps on the ramp too far apart for their current size; they seem to struggle getting up the ramp all the way, although all three of them got about 2/3 of the way up yesterday on their own.
Ramp is kind of steep and needs more cleats,
just add one between each of the existing cleats.
I put the bottom of my ramps on top of a concrete block set tall-wise,
reduces the steepness of angle.
More cleats for climbing up the ramp, less steep angle for going down the ramp.

OK here they are!
Photo Jun 22, 8 23 11 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 22, 8 23 18 PM (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom