First Cull! (No pics)

@Madamegato
I cannot believe you posted this. I think it was meant for me to read. Yes, I believe in no coincidences. Lol
Anyways, I am absolutely nauseous, anxious, emotional and a migraine tonight because tomorrow morning is our first dispatch. I really hope I can get through it. Hearing your story has let me know it's ok to feel like this. I am just trying to get to sleep so I can have some reprieve from these feelings 🥺

Here, after cooking the rest of the parts go to the not so patiently waiting dog :p except the bones, I throw them out, I don’t want to turn my chickens into cannibals
It is normal (!) I think to feel that way, I carried my roosters every day for 2 months out of the coop in the morning for “the deed” and put them down again, cos I couldn’t bring myself to do it! And every time I have to do it, I have a lot of sleepless nights before doing it! What pushes me to do it is in interest of the chickens! I could ( and sometimes do) let other people do it, but... I have to put them in a box, then they have to wait hours until that person has time, and they are strangers, also transport to that person , so a lot of stress for the chickens. At home, I take them out in the morning, half asleep, one hard blow to the head, and they are out like a light, so minimum stress for them .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom