First Easter Egger egg er...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by debilorrah, Sep 23, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG]

I was telling my 2 EE's tonight "where is my blue egg?" then I went in and lo and behold there was a BIG green one. [​IMG]

2. bkbuz1987

bkbuz1987 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm waiting for my other 3 Ameraucanas to lay. I hope they are just as blue as the first one was.
    [​IMG]

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first EE egg, it's a nice speckled blue/green color [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Thank you. I was so surprised after telling them wheres my blue egg. And there it was! I was running through the yard like a kid that busted the pinata.

5. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Congrats! Mine started laying while I was out of town (of course), but she's only missed 2 days since then (about 3 weeks now)!

6. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Wow! That's so pretty! I guess you gave them the idea when you asked them for a blue egg! [​IMG]

I have 4 EE's and the last one just started laying a couple days ago. I was lucky because each one lays a different color of eggs...an olive green egg, a pale turquoise, a pale green egg and a light pink egg! Here they are with some of my other eggs...The four on the left side starting at the darkest green one, going counter-clockwise and counting down 4 are the EE eggs!

[​IMG]

Congrats on your blue egg!! Isn't this fun! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by