First Egg -- and it's blue!

springchicken81

Chirping
May 17, 2021
Framingham, MA
After 25 weeks, one of our six ladies finally laid an egg! I can't quite tell if it's from one of our Cream Legbars or our Olive Egger -- any thoughts? It's a bit greener in reality than this picture implies.

(I checked the nesting boxes later today and found another one!!)

Attachments

• egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 11
After 25 weeks, one of our six ladies finally laid an egg! I can't quite tell if it's from one of our Cream Legbars or our Olive Egger -- any thoughts? It's a bit greener in reality than this picture implies.

(I checked the nesting boxes later today and found another one!!)
I don't have Olive Eggers or Cream Legbars (which I'm planning on getting next year), but I'd say maybe that's from one of your Cream Legbars? I think they lay blue/green eggs.

Congrats! Blue is the best color egg, in my opinion. My customers are always wowed when I sell them blue eggs!

I think it's from your cream legbar. Olive egger eggs are much darker green, almost brown..
Indeed you are correct! Today we got our first olive egger egg (seen here next to a cream legbar egg). Two of our six ladies are laying now. I love the surprise of checking their nesting boxes every day!!!

FE0DBD1D-C120-41DE-AD32-AB6D62D313CD.jpeg

Indeed you are correct! Today we got our first olive egger egg (seen here next to a cream legbar egg). Two of our six ladies are laying now. I love the surprise of checking their nesting boxes every day!!!

View attachment 2878208
Beautiful. That blue egg is really big. Don't they get bigger with time?

Back
Top Bottom