First Egg!!!!! but something weird

What breed is the one starting to lay
I know my Wyandotte layed white eggs her whole life never a light brown one, she was healthy, and just layed white eggs. I also have a light Sussex that lays really pale brown eggs, they look white unless there is an actual white egg next to it, all the other Sussex lay brown. I'm not sure when Wyandottes start laying, but they are good layers, not as good as the Sussex but mine layed on average 3-5 eggs a week (when it wasn't too cold or she was molting)

I wouldn’t worry about colour if it is just her first egg. She may never get the proper colour egg, but as long as she is healthy it is fine. It depends on the chicken for how often they lay eggs. I know some people have had a chicken lay two eggs in one day. I also know people who have had their hens lay once then not again for a few weeks. On average I think it’s every 2-5 days after they start laying, then they get in more of a rhythm.

I wouldn’t worry about colour if it is just her first egg. She may never get the proper colour egg, but as long as she is healthy it is fine. It depends on the chicken for how often they lay eggs. I know some people have had a chicken lay two eggs in one day. I also know people who have had their hens lay once then not again for a few weeks. On average I think it’s every 2-5 days after they start laying, then they get in more of a rhythm.
I actually got another egg the day after her first one!

Back
Top Bottom