I was super excited to find our first egg - probably from the chocolate orpington that went into a submissive squat last weekend. BUT I also found a dead mouse that the chickens could possibly have picked at. My sister said that she drowned one several days ago, and I went to find it but couldn't (until today). I do keep mouse poison under the skirt of my home. (Bad I know, but if I don't the mice eat the inside of my home.) So I'm a little worried that this mouse might possibly have had poison in its system and if the chickens pecked at its carcass they could also have it in their system. I haven't seen them actually pecking at it, but they have been out and about when I've not been home. I didn't check the egg box yesterday so it could have been in there for a couple days. My toddler is super excited to eat the first little egg...but I don't know if I should give it to her. What do you all think?