First egg -she came running to tell me.

Congrats!

Got some concerns about that electrical outlet right there though. Birds are very dusty combined with that electric plug looking like it is falling out. Would strongly suggest either removing that outlet entirely or raising it to a point where the birds completely don't have access to it. Bit too much of a risk of a coop fire for my liking.

Good point. It’s on a daisy chain and the primary feed leg is a GFCI which has a safety breaker. We attached this to the camera so if ever there’s a problem we get an alert.

Yesterday Georgina laid our first egg. She’s 20 weeks. The others only 12 weeks. She came running over to the deck where I was, sat on my knee then she jumped on the deck rail and flew down 10 feet and ran back to the coop. She came to tell me! It’s a beautiful egg!
I have a video of her flight back to the coop but not able to upload.
She’s cute! And precious that she came to tell you! Congrats. 🐓 🥰

Yesterday Georgina laid our first egg. She’s 20 weeks. The others only 12 weeks. She came running over to the deck where I was, sat on my knee then she jumped on the deck rail and flew down 10 feet and ran back to the coop. She came to tell me! It’s a beautiful egg!
I have a video of her flight back to the coop but not able to upload.
That is a cool story! Did you raise her from a chick?

That is a cool story! Did you raise her from a chick?

No. She was given to us as a rescue at 7 weeks old. She was our first chicken and has survived my learning curve. She’s the leader of our roosterless flock and a good one. And she still comes to sit in my lap or beside me almost every day.

Attachments

• 2717BFE1-B03B-4809-AD14-D30A4F6A7159.jpeg
    2717BFE1-B03B-4809-AD14-D30A4F6A7159.jpeg
    607.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom