first eggs!

ebhoneybees

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 26, 2008
wow! not one, but 3 identical eggs this morning. i suspect my black showgirl who ran up to me when i opened the coop this morning. she sure was busy! these are my first eggs ever - i'm so excited...

YAY! congrats on the first eggs!

I'm telling you now that it never gets old to find eggs. My girls have been laying for 2 months and every day we get a little thrill to find eggs.

congrats!

I am getting jealous
wink.png

If you have been checking every day and suddenly found 3, you likely had 3 girls all mature at the same time rather than one pullet lay all three eggs. I do have one girl who NEVER takes a break but even she can only produce one egg per day for me.

If I am wrong, someone will let you know but that is my belief from everything I have read; one egg, per day, per chicken.

Sometimes the time frame can make two eggs in a day, but it is usually one egg a day....I bet that you had more than one start laying

I just found out that my new ducks started laying today....I love this when it happens

Congrats on your eggs!

You have three layers in there cuz chickens only lay an egg a day! Keep us posted as they all start to lay! Pretty soon you'll have eggs coming out of your ears and very greatful friends!
woot.gif

I'snt it so much fun. Ive been getting eggs since the first of the year (after a 2 month break due to winter) and everyday I still go to the coop the first thing in the morning and even stop back by the coop before i go in the house when I get home from work. I'm up to 8-10 eggs a day

Back
Top Bottom