first eggs..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chaspokinya, Apr 24, 2008.

1. chaspokinya

chaspokinya New Egg

Jan 12, 2008
    vidor, texas
    well my girls laid there first eggs yesterday..i'm so excited..we have 4 eggs in 2 days..they are being so silly ..as soon as i go near the coop in the morning they run up and try to poke there heads through the holes in the cage to try and get to me..lol..they are such sweeties..my co- workers think im a nut..but my chickens ain't no dumb clucks.. they are so friendly ..but ive also hand raised them..anyways i wanted to let sombody know how happy i am ..so ya'll got stuck w/me..lol..i hope everybody has a great day..chas:D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

2. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Congrats

I was real happy when my hens layed there first egg to. When I was in public school, I use to get picked on for having chickens.

Hope you have a great day to!

3. mhoward92

mhoward92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2007
    [​IMG] CONGRATS

4. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Well...congratulations! What breed of chickens do you have. They sound very friendly. You must spend a lot of time with them. Don't worry about your co-workers, you should be happy. People who don't have chickens, just don't understand how much fun and how interesting they really are. Also, they don't realize that we are not paying the high prices for those eggs that they pay at the store. Tehe!

5. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    getting the 1st eggs are so exciting.as well as so much fun going to the coop to see how meny you have.

6. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    [​IMG] I got my first eggs back in Nov and still get a kick out of collecting fresh eggs every day. Hope you have many, many more happy egg days to come.

7. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. hdchic

hdchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    IL
    CONGRATS!! I'm new and just got some of my first eggs this week as well...ain't it great? lol I didn't think I would get so excited! The DH thinks I've flipped, but my girls are very friendly as well. I only bought them 2 weeks ago, so I'm suprised they are so sweet to me. Don't feel lonely, I'm a nut too! LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by