1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*First EGGS!!!*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tripp16, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    YAY I have been waiting sooo looong! I was only expecting ONE egg but instead I find 5!! It looked like easter in the hen house!! [​IMG]

They were all strutting around soo proud of themselves!! Haha!!

Will post pictures later!! [​IMG]

2. AUChick9202

AUChick9202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    Yay!! Congrats! I found my first nest of eggs this week too. My girls had been laying them under the nesting boxes, so I didn't see them. It wasn't until I lost one of my girls in the yard. I looked for her everywhere.....only to finally find her under the nesting boxes sitting on a nest of 5 eggs! She and another one of my girls went on to lay another egg that day. So in one day I went from no eggs to 7, so I know your excitement!!

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Yes!! You wouldnt think that we could get so excited about eggs! My Mom you wouldve thought I layed the eggs!! Haha~

4. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Congrats!! [​IMG]

5. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Quote:Wow! That's amazing! We have 9 girls, but only one is laying so far, so we are patiently waiting for the day when we open the egg doors and find more than one.

6. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    It is a long, but rewarding wait!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by