FIRST EVER PIP!!

ENGEC35

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2018
View attachment 1315003 Oh my god! Have we done It?! Are we there?! Is this our first pip? :wee

Is this an obvious sign to say the inner membrane is broken?

And, what now? Based on the beak pip position, is he ok?

That air cell line might not be accurate. I’m hoping the air cell pulled back enough to that area where the pip is, but can I know for certain?:love
View attachment 1315006

2BC1E8B7-B737-41CA-AC37-4F2467D6F3B2.jpeg
1A2B8379-9EF3-449F-B854-B1C6CB93E166.jpeg
B11859D4-B98C-43EC-80FA-936F3E5889E2.jpeg

Attachments

• 27421A22-97FF-4DE9-82D8-CF177C4D6325.jpeg
    27421A22-97FF-4DE9-82D8-CF177C4D6325.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 5
It's possible the air cell drew down on that side. if not I've had many chicks hatch on their own from this position. :D give this one an extra day to hatch on it's own just incase it didn't go into the air cell first. :)

the last picture that's an attachement is that one that has almost zipped out!! ? :celebrate

It's possible the air cell drew down on that side. if not I've had many chicks hatch on their own from this position. :D give this one an extra day to hatch on it's own just incase it didn't go into the air cell first. :)

the last picture that's an attachement is that one that has almost zipped out!! ? :celebrate

Oh I hope so! We struggled with air cells (shipped & saddled, hard to track) and the eggs were in high humidity (like 90%) for a few days straight

What’s the right position for the eggs to hatch in? Where the external pip should be, I mean?

Oh I hope so! We struggled with air cells (shipped & saddled, hard to track) and the eggs were in high humidity (like 90%) for a few days straight

What’s the right position for the eggs to hatch in? Where the external pip should be, I mean?

On day 18 if you mark your air cells there will usually be a side that is lower down the side of the egg, or a direction that the aircell has been moving throughout incubation. that's the side that they would usually pip into if they were going to hit the air cell, when they're pipping. ( I usually mark that side with a little X in pencil and set it facing up. ) when the aircell draws down it goes about halfway down the egg or more, on one side. so a mid-egg pip really isn't much to worry about. though usually you will see them pip pretty close to the day 18 aircell line.

Back
Top Bottom