First few eggs from a Silver Sebright!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Frizzlett98, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    My brother has 4 Sebrights. 1 Golden rooster, 3 Silver (1 of those is a rooster) and we got our first egg 2 days ago and got another one yesterday from sweet, little Molly. We are going to hatch the eggs when we get a few more and a fan for our incubator. I'd rather have a broody hen but I don't have one right now lol. Molly is the only chicken currently laying. The others are too young or are new to my flock. I think Molly wants her eggs back though. She laid one and I took it out of the nest box then she came back in looking for it! Haha I love chickens! They are so funny. I'm expecting most of my chickens to start laying in the next week or 2. So these eggs contain a Golden Sebright/ Silver Sebright cross. (The Silver rooster is not dominant so he can't have his hens until we sell the Golden roo) This will be my first hatch so I'm super excited! Although I'll have to take care of them on my own because my brother's leaving for 10 days and then again for 6 months after that. Over 30 chickens to take care of by myself. Shew! This will be interesting.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Congratulations on your first Sebright eggs! And good luck with the hatch!

3. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Thanks! Looking forward to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by