First flock owner! Hello from KY.

Hi there from KY! I started my first flock a week ago and I’m already obsessed with these little gals (and fellas, I’m suspecting). I am thankful for this online forum as I know I will have questions upon questions upon questions. For now, meet my little crew of production reds, buff orps, and one lil Easter egger named after Schitt’s creek and Seinfeld characters, View attachment 3776707which has been planned for an embarrassingly long time.

Appreciate any tips and tricks as I learn and grow with these little guys.
-AlliO

View attachment 3776700
awwww congratulations and welcome in the fam jam! 😍🥰😇

Thank you for the welcome and for the advice! I was under the impression they should not go out to the coop unless they were fully feathered- but I’m happy to learn and do what’s best for them!
They are feathered enough for your climate. A huddle box is placed on it's side with one flap left on the top edge of the box. Put the back and one side near a corner and bank thick dry bedding around the box, inside and out the front for them to pile into. The box should be large enough for all birds to fit in comfortably without crowding. Most of their body heat will be trapped in the box during the cool nights. They will do much better outside in the fresh air.

Hi there from KY! I started my first flock a week ago and I’m already obsessed with these little gals (and fellas, I’m suspecting). I am thankful for this online forum as I know I will have questions upon questions upon questions. For now, meet my little crew of production reds, buff orps, and one lil Easter egger named after Schitt’s creek and Seinfeld characters, View attachment 3776707which has been planned for an embarrassingly long time.

-AlliO

View attachment 3776700
Welcome. Cute chicks. Ask questions as you need to, or if you are questioning something. Someone(s) will answer you.

-AlliO

View attachment 3776700
Awe beautiful babies❤️🐥 and welcome!!!

Back
Top Bottom