First hatch due Jan.29 anyone else

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cedar post, Jan 23, 2010.

1. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    Bought my first bator ever Hovabator 1588. It's working like a dream. Pluged it in two days before eggs went in and holding at 99.8 degrees and 36 percent on humidity it just seems two easy. Had a couple of people let me try their bators and didn't have much luck. Tryed the candle thing on day 10 and got rid of one egg. Started with 21 eggs and now have 20 in there. They are all wyandottes blue,blrw and a buff columbian project I'm trying. Mike

2. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    Im hatching on the 29th too. I ordered 24 shipped eggs, 2 broke on the way here, and I've ad to throw away another 9, so i have 13 left in the bator. Lockdown is on tuesday.

The remaining eggs are.... 3 EEs, 4 BRs, and 6 BAs. They were set at around 6 in the morning. I'm pretty excited.... [​IMG] It's my first hatch too.
    I have a 1608 hovabator I think and it too has been absurdly easy to control. It is in a very stable room (my room) so i think that helps. for the past few days it has been around 100.0 F but that's within the proper range, and should be fine.

[​IMG]

3. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    Being in Alaska where are you keeping them after hatch? I'm going to try the basement for awhile. Family not to happy about that but I am excited. It's doing alot of raining here today and snow is going down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by