First hatch for the season :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nicoletm24, Feb 20, 2011.

1. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    Got the bator heating up and humidity going good...will most likely be putting 36 eggs in bater this evening. [​IMG] Winter was long, and now it's time to bring in the spring time with some bitties [​IMG]

On a horrible note, I'm trying to re-build my flock, about 2 months ago a dog got in our coop and killed 14 of my 15 chickens. All with days away from laying! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I had an EE Roo and an EE hen, was going to breed them and make pretty babies...and they both got killed. So did my beautiful buff cochin, and my beautiful black austrolourp. [​IMG] the rest were brown legged. It was a horrible day.

I'm on the hunt for EE eggs to put in the bator, and I think I found someone local that has laying EE's. [​IMG]

Here's to a new year and new flock. Staying positive. [​IMG]

2. chickeemama

chickeemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Iowa
    Hi, I will be your hatching buddy. I just put 32 eggs in the bator tonight, 14 lavender orps, 4 salmon favorelle, 6 dominiques, 6 buff orps, 2 mutts. [​IMG] I ought to have a colorful hatch if nothing else. I hatched several chicks last year. I have a homemade cabinet style incubator, have had some issues with keeping the temp the same on the bottom as the top. Hubby made some changes so hopefully we will get that 100% hatch we are aiming for. [​IMG] Gosh 21 days just seems so long.
    Hope you get your EE's. I would like to get some EE and Welsummers this year.

3. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    HEY! I think this hatch will be mostly brown legged, as I'm hatching them for my father in law. I'm sure he'll let us keep almost half of them. I'm still on the hunt for EE eggs for next hatch.

Good luck to ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by