First hatch in incubator

Matrixab

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 27, 2014
hi I joined yesterday as my eggs started pipping. As I said in the new members post
I've learnt a lot from these pages over the past 6 mths
5-7 chicks have hatched, the final 2 are full eggs but no movement currently (day22 just)
So just got to hang in there for another day or so to see if they've survived
Been OCD with settings on incubator, even before I set eggs had 2 therm/hygros just to check accuracy of incubator itself, considering results do far it's paid off.

Welcome to BYC. That's great results especially for a first timer. Hope you will post photos later, so we all can admire them. Sending good hatching vibes
jumpy.gif
your way -for the last two.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on a successful hatch. I'm looking forward to your pics and I hope the last two hatch for you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with those last two eggs.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you are on the right track! Congrats on the hatch so far! I would leave these remaining eggs for a couple more days. Not all chicks hatch at the same time. They could be duds however. Unless you candled at lock down, you won't know until the end. So just let them be for 2 or 3 more days. If they are not rocking by then, then they are duds.

And yes, I know the stress of the hatch and as you say, the OCD's around the incubator! Ha! It gets easier with each hatch you do.

Good luck and we do welcome you to our flock!

I did candle the eggs before lockdown & they were full, same as hatched eggs
I will leave them a couple more days then
Thx for words of encouragement, I'm definitely hooked

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom