First hatch of the year ( Update)

Rammy

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Tennessee
Started some mixed eggs in the bator today. Having to use the LG since the Genesis went caplunk.
he.gif
I have to send the thermostat and fan back to the company so they can see what the heck happened.
idunno.gif
Have the egg turner for the Genesis in the LG. So far twenty eggs but probably will add a few more today from my flock to go with whats in there that I got from my neighbor.
jumpy.gif
Hatch date approximately the 23.
jumpy.gif
Got my fingers crossed!!!
fl.gif

Rammy

Last edited by a moderator:
Just added five more eggs that my flock laid today. Figured might as well fill it up as much as possible. Got the humidity up around 40% which is just fine for me. My spot check says the wiggler is around 98 but the thermometer says about 99 so Im leaving it alone. I have the egg turner going and Im not touching it. I have a tube running down to the wells to add water so I dont have to open the incubator unless I have to.
smile.png
Just have to do the bator tv for about three weeks.
smile.png

Rammy

I candled the eggs last night as it was day seven and two of them were not viable. No veining or anything. Most of the eggs look ok. One was very porous so Im worried about that one. I have one pullet egg in there that is so tiny I wasnt sure it would even develop but its got veining too!! Interesting to see if it develops all the way. So far everything seems to be going ok. I have a few purebred BR eggs in there and the rest are mutts. So out of 22 eggs, I still have 20 and will see again next weekend how many are still looking good. Wont be long now.

Rammy

Back
Top Bottom