First hatched failed. Any guesses why? *Pic*

What do your air cells look like? I would lower the humidity, at this point. Day 13 is not too late. I have found that 75% humidity at lockdown can cause problems with chicks not pipping. And at 50-55% humidity now you risk the air cell being to small. Lower is better.

What do your air cells look like? I would lower the humidity, at this point. Day 13 is not too late. I have found that 75% humidity at lockdown can cause problems with chicks not pipping. And at 50-55% humidity now you risk the air cell being to small. Lower is better.

Thanks for getting back to me :)
the air cells seem to be fine. Would decreasing the humidity from 55% to 20% - 30% be too much of a drop and stress the eggs? I might lower it to 40%.
I'm such a stress head, haha.

This is my first time incubating chicken eggs , I am now on day 27 and nothing has hatched I know that's is very late and at day 25 i candled them again an saw no movement however there was a chick in there at this point I thought they were dead so I cracked it open to see what was goin of inside and there was a fully grown chick inside with all the yoak still in its sack, the chick was moving around however unfortunately it died moments after I opened the shell up, after this I tried to think of a reason for them being late and I remembered that in the first 4 days of incubation my incubator was in my kitchen and at night it gets very cold and the alarm kept going off all night long and the temperature was never steady above 33 degrease selsease, now there is no movement and no pipping so I'm unsure what to do I've rose the humidity to 60% and the temperature is how steady all day and night at 37.5 degrease selsease from day 4!!!???? What do I do ??!!!

This is my first time incubating chicken eggs , I am now on day 27 and nothing has hatched I know that's is very late and at day 25 i candled them again an saw no movement however there was a chick in there at this point I thought they were dead so I cracked it open to see what was goin of inside and there was a fully grown chick inside with all the yoak still in its sack, the chick was moving around however unfortunately it died moments after I opened the shell up, after this I tried to think of a reason for them being late and I remembered that in the first 4 days of incubation my incubator was in my kitchen and at night it gets very cold and the alarm kept going off all night long and the temperature was never steady above 33 degrease selsease, now there is no movement and no pipping so I'm unsure what to do I've rose the humidity to 60% and the temperature is how steady all day and night at 37.5 degrease selsease from day 4!!!???? What do I do ??!!!
I feel bad for you and your chicks. I had some turkey eggs incubating last year based on temperatures from a thermometer that read accurately the previous year. Well, last year it was 4F off, and I lost all the poults because I was incubating at 95F instead of 99F for the first 10 days, when I put in two more thermometers and found the problem. Although they grew, I did the same thing and broke into an egg at 31 days, just to kill the almost-ready poult. Most of the others were not vigorous enough to hatch. Only one survived, he hatched at day 33, and ended up being healthy, happy, and lonely until the next set of eggs hatched.

The next set of eggs had only been incubated at 95F for a few days before bringing the temperature up. They hatched one and a half days late, but were in better shape.

. FOLLOW-UP. This little one just entered the world less then an hour ago! Same bator but dry till lockdown. Thanks for the support!

Back
Top Bottom