first hatching is tomorrow and what is that sound coming from the eggs? I can hear chirping!!! How

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Atrayu, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Atrayu

Atrayu Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Hermosa, South Dakota
    I have my first hatching of a doz eggs tomorrow. The eggs are moving and I thought I was imagining it at first, but I can hear chirping from inside the eggs. Didn't know they could do that. There are three eggs I am not sure about in their development, because the shells were too dark to see with candling. But, I am so excited about hatching eggs from the incubator for the first time.

2. Atrayu

Aug 12, 2011
    Hermosa, South Dakota
    I didn't know that they could make chirping sounds while still in the eggs. I thought I was hearing things at first. Is that normal?

3. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    The chirping surprised me too! Good luck.

4. Atrayu

Aug 12, 2011
    Hermosa, South Dakota
    thank you! It freaked our dog out. She was looking all over to find the birds. LOL!

5. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

Haha, they always like to talk to each other while still in the eggs [​IMG] Good luck with the hatch!

6. Atrayu

Aug 12, 2011
    Hermosa, South Dakota
    Thank you. They were all speaking to each other through the night. The eggs were rolling around a bit in the incubator this morning, so I think they will be ready to pop out soon. Can't wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by