First night as an empty nester (chicks just moved outside)!

telehillco

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Front Range, CO
Our five-week old chicks made the big move today from their Rubbermaid tub to their spatious new coop (amazing building job by my husband--kudos!). We've got their heat lamp in there and are pretty well covered in feathers, but I'm still feeling worried about them! At our first check, they seem to be doing fine--not huddling or anything, so there's probably nothing to worry about. They were definitely getting a little big for their indoor-living and we'll be glad to do a final vacuum and have a feather/dust-free house. Still, the house seems quiet without them. I have a feeling I'll be checking on them in the middle of the night.

Does anyone else get separation anxiety from their chicks?

25128_p4111243.jpg

The new coop and run. The run is still off-limits as it has just a few more security latches to go in place.

25128_p4111246.jpg

The girls checking out their new accomodations.

Yes Yes Yes I had mine in the house in a dog crate they got too big for it so I made a brooder out of a dryer box put it in the barn with a heat light and checked on them at least ten times before bed time and all day the first full day then when we move them to the coop I was so nervous...it was worse then letting my youngest go to kindergarten LOL

I'm going through the same thing. We had our girls in the bathroom, in the tub. When they started flying out more than in, it was time. They love their new digs.

But, I swear I can still hear chirping.
smile.png

On the other hand, it's so nice to have our bath back again. It took forever to clean all the dust.

Yes, I missed my chicks so much that I put a baby monitor in the coop with them (when they first went out there) so that I could still listen to their chirping in the house. Ridiculous, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom