FIRST OLIVE EGGS!!

LadiesAndJane

Life is good...
9 Years
May 16, 2014
Hawaii
So, we have had Raven for less than two weeks. She was moulting and the breeder said it would be about a month before we saw any eggs. I was surprised to discover these five eggs hidden in the coop when I was cleaning it out today! Since we’ve had her, she’s plumped up quite a bit and most of her feathers have come back. These are our first olive eggs, though technically not hers as she was laying eggs before we got her. :wee
7F7B3794-87A2-4816-A45B-90E8B7A35D7E.jpeg
8F82AB2E-1E37-4C5B-AA56-E9C2EFD99158.jpeg

Im about to get my first olive egg! Arent they the coolest color! Need a better pic of your hen!
Yes, I had never seen them in real life,
just in photos, so very exciting!
You must post photos of yours when you get them!
it was getting dark and she did not want to come out when we got the photo this evening, she’s actually quite pretty, a hybrid of purebred ameraucana crossed with black copper Marans.😊

Nice!!
How old is she, in months?
I’m not sure exactly. The breeder was supposed to get back to me with her exact hatch month, he had to look in his records. I know she already had a batch of chicks that she raised. One of the reasons I had to wait for her. I believe she is just over a year old don’t know how much in months. Why do you ask?😊

Curious about the molt timing.
Amazing that she came back into lay that fast.
I thought so too. I thought it would be much longer before we saw any eggs. That’s why I wasn’t looking for any🤣
She seemed a bit underweight when we got her, the breeder is a friend of mine and he takes good care of his chickens. In any event, I added game bird feed to their regular chicken feed to bump up the protein, maybe that helped?
All my other birds are young and haven’t started laying yet so I figured the extra protein wouldn’t hurt them😊

Back
Top Bottom