1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Post,woo hoo!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TnMama, Jan 25, 2010.

1. TnMama

TnMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    West Tn
    Hello...My name is Mom, I scrub toilets,change diapers,drop off and pick up from school, make the supper,chase the 2 year old up the street,go to online school,and on and on.

But, Im excited to report to you members on here, my DH and I are moving to the sticks.[​IMG] He and I both grew up in the country. He only left it 3 years ago when we married,but I left at 17, and have lived in town ever since. I dont know how I will readjust to life in the country again. But even here in town, I have a clothesline and make my own jam and jelly and fabric softener and things like that. Im green on some things, but no Im not total granola. I drive an SUV b/c I like it.[​IMG]
    So now we will be loading up the truck and going "home" for him, were about 90 minutes north of there now.

The thing Im excited about most is getting some chickens! Ive been wanting them forever! I grew up with them,ate eggs, fed,raised {on a small level} and just like them. To me they are so funny. I cant wait to get the coop built and come spring buy my flock. Ive forgotten so much,but after a quick chat with my memaw today I think it will be like riding a bike. I dont know about the rest of the crew on here,since I just got here;) But Ive named every chicken Ive ever had. I thought Id join here before we move and I get hip deep in chicken poo before I realize I dont know what n the heehaw Im doing.

So very happy to have found this site!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. SoCalChick

SoCalChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Valley Center, CA
    [​IMG] from CA! This site is great! Im very impressed you make your own fabric softener?! Whats is made of?

3. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Hi Mom!
    You are so welcome here! You will enjoy our threads on making our own mayo, yogurt, laundry detergent...the list goes on and on. Do a search and you will find lots of folks that have lots in common with you. But then we all have something in common for you to join us. [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    WELCOME TO BYC!! Where in TN? Are you moving in that house down the road that i can't believe just sold? [​IMG]

5. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Indiana! Glad you found us! [​IMG]

6. TnMama

Jan 25, 2010
    West Tn
    Quote:Hi, my brother lives in SoCal in the Imperial Valley. thanks for being impressed.made my day,lol. fabric softner is easy. 3 cups white vinegar,1 bottle cheap conditioner,and hot water. mix and shake it all up in an empty vinegar jug, to get it full I add a bit more vinegar and water until my jug is full.

Thanks for the very fast warm welcome. Im on another forum,but its about cruises,which I know nothing about yet from first hand experience,but a more country lifestyle, I DO know. I just hope I dont wig out too bad heading back there.

7. TnMama

Jan 25, 2010
    West Tn
    Quote:Nope dont think that was us.[​IMG] We currently live just outside Dyersburg,but will be moving out close to the River out from Covington and munford,out in the Randolf area. How about you?

and again,thanks for the warm welcomes. I got on here tonight to look at breeds and joined the forum instead![​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Imp

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi, TnMama, from a neighbor to the north! I used to drive through past Munford (on 51 S, used to make lots of trips to Memphis), so you're practically within shoutin' distance... [​IMG] You're going to love it here on the BYC forum! [​IMG]

10. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] You are gonna love it here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by