1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Predator

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by edbama2, Apr 30, 2007.

1. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    I was outside working on the chicken run yesterday and almost got bit by a water moccasin. Luckily, I saw him just in time. He was on one of my chicken wire rolls at my waist height. Ran inside to get the shotgun and take care of this problem. I took pictures of the snake but didn't want to offend anyone. No chickens were harmed. [​IMG]

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Good for you!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

WOW! Thats so scarey!! UGH! Glad no one was hurt..but the snake... LOL

4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    YIKES! [​IMG] There's a jolt of adrenaline for ya! So glad neither you nor your chickens were hurt!!! [​IMG]

5. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    Yik's you got lucky i'm absolutly terrified of snakes i had a snake that was just a garden snake fall on my head once and was having a complete panick attack [​IMG]
    P.s. sorry on the spelling mistake

6. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Another one today, not sure of what kind but the warmer weather and no water in the creek is driving them all over. My chics are a foot off of the ground where their floor sits. Patrol time, make sure they are safe. I think the pig pen is going up right next to the chics. LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by