First quail hatch, brooder?

chipens

Songster
6 Years
Sep 4, 2017
new zealand
I'm about to lockdown my lil quail eggs.
I've built a hutch, brought the food, and done quite abit of research. So hopefully I'm ready!
Just want to check will this brooder I use for chickens be ok for quail?
its a 60watt wide angle light bulb and gets to about 37°c directly under light. Worked well for chicken chicks.

I'm about to lockdown my lil quail eggs.
I've built a hutch, brought the food, and done quite abit of research. So hopefully I'm ready!
Just want to check will this brooder I use for chickens be ok for quail?
its a 60watt wide angle light bulb and gets to about 37°c directly under light. Worked well for chicken chicks.
Ahhhh pushed wrong button heres the pic.
20180314_165709.jpg
I also have this brooder plate i could use.
Want to make sure I use the best option!
20180314_165809.jpg

People have not found the brooder plates warm enough for quail chicks so stick with the light. Good luck with the hatch - they are adorable babies!

People have not found the brooder plates warm enough for quail chicks so stick with the light. Good luck with the hatch - they are adorable babies!
Thanks, yea on my Google searches i couldn't find much on using the brooder plate with quail, that's why thought I better make sure my chicken box is ok. Just locked down 20 eggys hope they hatch

Thanks, yea on my Google searches i couldn't find much on using the brooder plate with quail, that's why thought I better make sure my chicken box is ok. Just locked down 20 eggys hope they hatch
How did your hatch go? I have 40 bob white eggs incubating and have never had birds so I too am trying to figure out brooder heat. I was going to make a MHCave but was also thinking of having a bulb. I was directed by @Blooie to post over here and glad I did. Do you use a red bulb? I still think I will use a cave that I am making but put the light up as well. Any tips would be great.

Can you tell me what kind of light and socket that is? Will I be able to find the socket at a Lowes do you think?
I had 20 hatch out of 24 eggs! I used the light instead of the heating/brooder plate thing. It worked well. I'm in nz so prob won't find exact thing. But its a 60watt light fitting that came all wired with a plug its great for brooding in a plastic tub, i have 2 set up. It's like a interior light fitting i got from a local hardware/department store. I'd imagine a sort of lighting store may have something similar. I just use a normal wide angle 60watt light bulb.

Back
Top Bottom