First ripe tomato!

LittleMissCountry

Crowing
6 Years
Mar 30, 2018
I ate my first ripe tomato from my garden! Yum!
I have been so disappointed with all the rain ruining most of my garden that this seemed like a big deal.
None of my potatoes survived. The last ones died today, after another two days of rain.
My pumpkin and cucumber are flourishing, though. All my tomato plants look great.

I'm so jealous! Our tomatoes only went in 2 weeks ago, it was so cold up here this spring.
I started mine in March, but we had a weird cold snap, and I moved them into a tiny greenhouse. I have some in various stages. Some of my tomato plants are only a foot tall, and far from producing. The plant I got my first ripe tomato from is almost 6 foot tall!

Y
LittleMissCountry i finally got my first tomato! You get any more?
Yay for the first tomato! Yes, I have picked about five so far, and am getting about 4 to 5 cherry tomatoes each day as well. I made sun dried tomatoes this week. Well, I started them in the sun, but finished them in the oven. Lol

Congratulations! None of my tomatoes are ripe yet. Im jealous:hmm
I habe had several more since then, but had to tear out several of my tomato plants that were covered in green tomatoes because they were covered in black widows! We had a black widow nest and the egg sac hatched and they were everywhere. I am so disappointed, because one of the plants was my Lemon Boy tomatoes and I had only gotten one tomato off that plant.

i have more tomatoes than I know what to do with. I'm making sauce like crazy....i took some to the food pantry. I have only 7 plants. But all winter I put the chicken litter on the garden. So I credit my chickens for the bounty.
tomatoes (3 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
Y

Yay for the first tomato! Yes, I have picked about five so far, and am getting about 4 to 5 cherry tomatoes each day as well. I made sun dried tomatoes this week. Well, I started them in the sun, but finished them in the oven. Lol
Lucky! What type did you plant? I did multiple kinds. So far my early girls are the only ones producing

Back
Top Bottom