First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Yeah we have the heat lamp on at night and off during the day.

I do not use supplemental heat, the biggest dig I hear against supplemental heat in areas like ours is the birds to not acclimate to the cold and die if the heat goes out.

Maybe next year you should try to go without the heat. I do not know your climate very well at all, but I am guessing it is similar to ours. I have a heat light that comes on at 4:30 am, but it is so far from the birds and in such a big area it adds not heat. I have it for the light for the layers. I am just too lazy and forget to just but a real bulb in it.

I always try to use the death of a bird as a learning experience to not have it happen again.

Last edited:
I do not use supplemental heat, the biggest dig I hear against supplemental heat in areas like ours is the birds to not acclimate to the cold and die if the heat goes out.

Maybe next year you should try to go without the heat. I do not know your climate very well at all, but I am guessing it is similar to ours. I have a heat light that comes on at 4:30 am, but it is so far from the birds and in such a big area it adds not heat. I have it for the light for the layers. I am just too lazy and forget to just but a real bulb in it.

I always try to use the death of a bird as a learning experience to not have it happen again.

We just use the heat lamp for extra light without it we got no eggs. That thing gives off very little heat as it hangs way up by the ceiling.

We just use the heat lamp for extra light without it we got no eggs. That thing gives off very little heat as it hangs way up by the ceiling.

Ahh so yours is like mine, a light but not much heat.

I wonder why she could not stand a night outside. My birds feathers/down is so thick I do not think the cold really bothers them...

I stopped drinking coffee for years, The doctor said I was drinking too much of it,,, I have decided he was wrong so I drink tons of it now, Old age and nothing else to do in the mornings.

Back
Top Bottom