First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Bulleit Bourbon bought.. and I broke into it a bit already. :)

OTW to lowes to get more soil for my backyard planting and fencing off endeavors this weekend to keep my chickens and dogs out of my garden ;)

Freezer camp is tomorrow night. I have too much to do during the day otherwise. :(

can you tell me is this a leghorn like I was told at the TSC or is she a Cornish Cross
Definitely Cornish X. They are not great egg layers. They were meant to be meat. About 4 of us have had a CX live past butcher age. Mine will be a year old on August 5. She has laid about 8-10 eggs and that is all. I think Mountain Mom's Pearl lays better. It is certainly not guaranteed that they will lay eggs or even live long enough. Control feed asap and free range. That will be the only chance.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but it is the truth when it comes to CX.

I did have plans for free range. Will that be a problem. And thank you all for your honesty.I still can't believe this happened. I was told the Tractor Supply wasn't allowed to sell these kind of chickens

Who would have said that? They are a meat breed a lot of us like that TSC and other feed stores give us the opportunity to purchase our meat. Whoever told you that was very mistaken.

Hi Folks,
That broad breasted bird of Red Nugget, no matter what it really is, is definitely no Leghorn. I'm with Ralphie on this one; most likely a Cornish Cross monster of some sort. I don't understand why we are prone to so much speculation when a few more weeks, maybe 6 or so, will prove what it is. Would like to see it at maturity.
Stay well all,
Neal, the Zooman

I DID BAD!!!

I touched something and subscribed to about 3,000 threads. Then I had to unsubscribe to them one  at a time.

I am hoping I have my best threads left, I have no idea if I do, If you see me on a thread and I am not there for a few days, PLEASE tell me so I can re-subscribed.
[/quote . Oh man Ralph, yoou sound as inept as me. No I'm wtong. No one is as bad as me LMBO. Truly.

I finally introduced my 4 BBB turkeys to my free range flock, I'm hoping they do well with them. My turkeys seem to be very sweet birds. We will see how today goes!!

Back
Top Bottom