First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I set a toad egg! Ralph I hope u dont mind me using the name. Its either my NEW splash Cochin or my Welsummer "baby". With a CX mom.

OK I have a severe problem. I went into L&M to get duck starter. And came out with geese!! I also went to a fellow BYCers and got 4 Muscovy ducklings and 1 splash Cochin roo!! I'll get pics in a little bit.

I set a toad egg! Ralph I hope u dont mind me using the name. Its either my NEW splash Cochin or my Welsummer "baby". With a CX mom.

OK I have a severe problem. I went into L&M to get duck starter. And came out with geese!! I also went to a fellow BYCers and got 4 Muscovy ducklings and 1 splash Cochin roo!! I'll get pics in a little bit.

uh oh you've gone and done it now LOL! Wait til Duluth Ralph comes back and finds out. Geese are a ahem, interesting animal to keep. At least they will do the shouting and screaming watch geese thing when they grow up.

Gah.. those 8 cx meaties are still alive.

After dinner it rained and people were tired. So... they got fed 2 x today and I was mobbed each time. Maybe this upcoming weekend.

uh oh you've gone and done it now LOL! Wait til Duluth Ralph comes back and finds out. Geese are a ahem, interesting animal to keep. At least they will do the shouting and screaming watch geese thing when they grow up.

Lol yeah they all ready stretch out their neck and cheep a lot. But they r so cute!! Ralph is the one who finally encouraged me enough to start hatching CXX.

Last edited:
Gah.. those 8 cx meaties are still alive.

After dinner it rained and people were tired. So... they got fed 2 x today and I was mobbed each time. Maybe this upcoming weekend.
So you have to cook for them again to get them to come back????
lau.gif

My pioneer cross chicks are putting on some nice size. I'll eat the roos, and keep the pullets. If they're half the layer their mother is, they'll be well worth keeping. They have short stubby little wing feathers, just like their mother does.

Back
Top Bottom