First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

DITTO!!

I was trying to figure out a tool I could make to take off the heads while they hung upside down, I hate using an axe.

http://www.alliance-elevage.com/dep...ce_a_tuer_volailles_c141900.html#.VYXMIXManqB GRAPHIC WARNING!

this is the tool. You put the sharp side into the slit in the roof of their mouth and the other part on the top of their head. Apply force quickly. Then cut their throat. It should let the feathers come out easily and the immediacy of it is supposed to be painless or as near as.

Some new pictures of penguin?please

I will try to get you some tomorrow, We just moved him outside today. He is adjusting to his new roomies and surroundings. He is a little intimidated, but then Bert does not allow any shinigans from the Middle school group..

I always worry a tad on the first night outside.

I am not sure pithing is what I want.

I was thinking more in the line of a clippers that removes the head fast so they bleed out. I had such a negative experience with pithing frogs in my first year of college, I do not want to repeat that with chickens.

Something like a pruning shears for chicken heads.

I am not sure pithing is what I want.

I was thinking more in the line of a clippers that removes the head fast so they bleed out.  I had such a negative experience with pithing frogs in my first year of college, I do not want to repeat that with chickens.

Something like a pruning shears for chicken heads.
maybe a huge pair of dog nail clippers would work. Just put the neck where the nail normally goes and you have a killing tool

Some new pictures of penguin?please

As promised I tried to get a picture of penguin. He is camera shy today. When I put the camera in the brooder to take his picture he ran into the run. When I put the camera into the run he went into the brooder.

He was just being a little horses back side today.

Notice how much more interesting I am now that I no longer swear, and we owe my being a better person to BYC and their commenting on my use of the French?

I am thinking of teaching a self improvement class on BYC soon. Adult beverages will be required for admission.

Back
Top Bottom