First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

So the guy who paid for 5 of my Cornish crosses (before I even got them) was suppose to pick them up at 8 weeks old they are two days shy of 10 weeks old and they are still here my mother in law said he's probably forgot about them by now.. Any ideas what I should do with them.. They are already sold but here should I sale them to someone else or?

Do you have no way to reach out to him? He paid for live birds or processed? I would probably go ahead and process them and put them in the freezer. If he comes before they get eaten great, otherwise you are paying to continue to feed them.

So the guy who paid for 5 of my Cornish crosses (before I even got them) was suppose to pick them up at 8 weeks old they are two days shy of 10 weeks old and they are still here my mother in law said he's probably forgot about them by now.. Any ideas what I should do with them.. They are already sold but here should I sale them to someone else or?

Send him a note and tell him they are 10 weeks, the price he agreed to was for 8 week old birds. He now owes you 5 dollars per week more for each bird.

You will hear from him fast is my guess.

Do you have no way to reach out to him? He paid for live birds or processed? I would probably go ahead and process them and put them in the freezer. If he comes before they get eaten great, otherwise you are paying to continue to feed them.

He paid for live because I don't process.. Never have don't think I have the stomach to.. I would of probably added atleast 5$ a bird for me to process

Send him a note and tell him they are 10 weeks, the price he agreed to was for 8 week old birds. He now owes you 5 dollars per week more for each bird.

You will hear from him fast is my guess.

As far as I know he didn't leave a way to contact him.. He was suppose to leave his number with my dad or mother in law but he didn't I guess

As far as I know he didn't leave a way to contact him.. He was suppose to leave his number with my dad or mother in law but he didn't I guess

Taking editing liberties but "Don't sell your chickens before they hatch!" LOL So if you don't process what are you going to do with your others, assuming you have others.

Snow. So much snow.

My blue ee x ayam cemani Adeline and one of my ccl Jane in a cage in my kitchen. Don't mind the mess

My indoor runner ducklings Ziggy and Phoebe taking their daily swim in the tub

I had wanted to process my narragansett turkey pullet and the 12 cx meaties from mt healthy on Tuesday. . But then it decided to go from 64F to snow on Tuesday morning. They are terrified of the snow.. they have seen it before.

An old timer told me to feed them heavily salted boiled potatoes and a lot of extra water to drink after they eat their feed.

I tried it, but they didn't know what it was and were scared of it and refused to eat it. I got mine Oct 1.. so they are going on 11 weeks now.

Taking editing liberties but "Don't sell your chickens before they hatch!"  LOL  So if you don't process what are you going to do with your others, assuming you have others.

Well he prepaid so no biggy to me I'm just not sure the ethics on selling already sold birds I think I'm just going to sell them all cx have kinda been a problem for me

Snow. So much snow.

My blue ee x ayam cemani Adeline and one of my ccl Jane in a cage in my kitchen. Don't mind the mess

My indoor runner ducklings Ziggy and Phoebe taking their daily swim in the tub

I had wanted to process my narragansett turkey pullet and the 12 cx meaties from mt healthy on Tuesday. . But then it decided to go from 64F to snow on Tuesday morning. They are terrified of the snow.. they have seen it before.

An old timer told me to feed them heavily salted boiled potatoes and a lot of extra water to drink after they eat their feed.

I tried it, but they didn't know what it was and were scared of it and refused to eat it. I got mine Oct 1.. so they are going on 11 weeks now.

I was told potatoes were poisonous to chickens as well as either green beans or peas not sure which

I was told potatoes were poisonous to chickens as well as either green beans or peas not sure which

I feed mine both and they help themselves when in the garden (dang things).

Potato leafs or green parts of potato are poisonous, but I am not sure how strong it is. Green leafs and green potatoes are poisonous to humans too, I think it is cyanide than makes the green, but do not recall completely.

Mine love beans never heard they were bad.

Back
Top Bottom