First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I normally leave them on ice for two days,before transferring them to the freezer. Normally after a week I stop seeing their looks of suprise by then.lol
I won't say it gets easier. It will however become faster with less thought the more you do.

We don't have droughts here in Southeast Texas, At least not in my opinion. You'll here the people that work INSIDE start whining about needing rain come the middle of July. Me,I'd like to see cracks open up i could shove my chevy truck in.I HATE RAIN

An animal that refuses to stop attacking loses "pet Status" and is immediately eligible for the roaster, smoker or fry pan.

Lucky did not stop attacking even after a couple of intense petting and holding sessions?

Here is one of the meaties bagged up. 9 weeks and 5 lbs in its processed state. Ill finish the rest of them until they are gone every Saturday, 2 at a time. Its still so time consuming and taxing on me to process. I keep waiting to develop an indifference to the whole thing but im not there yet. I need a glass of wine.

An animal that refuses to stop attacking loses "pet Status" and is immediately eligible for the roaster, smoker or fry pan.

Lucky did not stop attacking even after a couple of intense petting and holding sessions?
Ralph he got some intense one on one it just didn't help. My wife couldn't go outside if I had him out. I really liked the little guy. He just exceeded the limits of my medication. There was no place in my breeding program for him. Especially after he started trying to gaff me.

Here is one of the meaties bagged up. 9 weeks and 5 lbs in its processed state. Ill finish the rest of them until they are gone every Saturday, 2 at a time. Its still so time consuming and taxing on me to process. I keep waiting to develop an indifference to the whole thing but im not there yet. I need a glass of wine.
Great job. We give our birds a better quality of life than they would receive in a commercial setting. I pamper my birds,in return some are processed. I tell them thanks,then I get to work. Finding it difficult shows you have a kind heart.Being able to push past the emotional response shows you to be practical and able to survive without a grocery store.I don't drink any more,if i did I'd probably start bawling and turn them all loose.

Great job. We give our birds a better quality of life than they would receive in a commercial setting. I pamper my birds,in return some are processed. I tell them thanks,then I get to work. Finding it difficult shows you have a kind heart.Being able to push past the emotional response shows you to be practical and able to survive without a grocery store.I don't drink any more,if i did I'd probably start bawling and turn them all loose.

We were taught as little kids that you NEVER make pets of food animals. We could pet our dogs, cats, horses and sometimes our girlfriends but that was just about the extent of it. Later on, we were told that our girlfriends were sometimes out of bounds and now we have a herd of big-headed POA/draft horses for 'emergency food'.

Everything stays the same but everything is also open to practical situations and personal interpretation.
idunno.gif

J.

Back
Top Bottom