First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Guys go read this thread...

It is interesting, another person saying we can't do what we do with CX's and how we will weaken their bones and they will not be able to walk before they are old enough to butcher..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1114132/is-this-a-turkey#post_17156066

I think he is a Tyson Company man.....
lau.gif

"THE MAN " Allway trying to keep the working man down.
It irks me the way people talk about Cx. Every animal has it's own breed level requirements and then some individuals wil require even more specialized management.The information that the industry promotes on these birds is a recipe for disaster. It would be for most animals. If you had seen the birds I processed last week the most likely reaction would have been "nasty birds"
We have had flood conditions for over two weeks straight. I had over 200 birds in to small an enclosure. Everything (myself included) was covered in mud. The birds had started picking very severely. I have a handle on the feed requirements. I have no control over the weather. MY POOR MANAGEMENT led to overcrowded conditions. It's not the birds. It's us.

Go to any prison,ask an inmate if he would rather be in confinement are running buck naked through the woods,bet he will opt for the woods. There is a mental component that comes into play when animals are overcrowded in confinement

Back
Top Bottom